Pages

Monday, January 28, 2013

Dioguardi - a little critique

On Sunday, the new collection of Dioguardi has been released on USD.
I've been very curios about this and I have to say, I've been a bit disappointed about what I've seen.
But before you're going to kill me, let me explain my point of view!

To understand my critique, here are some impressions of the new collection:

If you've seen the former collections, the outfits are shining by the gorgeous accessories, outstanding and remarkable dresses and a great harmony between the patterns, fabrics and forms.
Now, when I look at the new collection, I don't see that well-known harmony I talked about. The Dresses, with thousands of details (before all the net-like details) seem to be overloaded, also by all the different geometric forms. I am not able to say what material the dresses could be made of. And I really think this all together confused me a lot.
But please don't get me wrong. I really admire the artistry and creativity which have gone into this collection, but I just think that it was perhaps a little too much ideas that have led to this collection. Nevertheless it's an outstanding job and a gorgeous collection.
To see pictures of former Dioguardi-collections please click here.

What do you think about this collection?
Yours, Nora




No comments:

Post a Comment